Frequently asked questions
Expand the questions below to see the answers of some of our most frequently asked questions.
How do I use British Airways Avios eStore for shopping?
You can earn Avios by completing purchases with participating retailers when you shop online through the British Airways Avios eStore. Not an Executive Club Member? If you are not an Executive Club member you can join here now.
Do I need to join the British Airways Executive Club to earn Avios when I shop through British Airways Avios eStore?
Yes, you need to be an Executive Club member to earn Avios. As long as you're an Executive Club Member and have signed in to your account, you’ll earn Avos when you access the retailer’s site through British Airways Avios eStore.
Can I purchase from British Airways Avios eStore if I am not an Executive Club Member? You can browse British Airways Avios eStore without being a member, however, you’ll need to sign in to your Executive Club account as an Executive Club Member to earn Avios for purchases from participating retailers. Not an Executive Club Member? Really? Sign up now.
Are my personal details safe?
Will I be contacted by any of your Retailers?
British Airways Avios eStore will not share any personal information about you with our Retailers. Please note though that when you click a ‘Shop Now’ link to a Retailer, you will leave British Airways Avios eStore completely and be subject to that Retailer’s Terms & Conditions. If you share your details with a Retailer, they may contact you.
How does it work?
To understand how to earn Avios for shopping with British Airways Avios eStore please visit our How it works page.
How many retailers do you have in British Airways Avios eStore? We have hundreds of retailers currently on the site covering a vast range of shopping categories and we’re always adding more!
How do I start shopping and earning?
- Access British Airways Avios eStore and make sure you’re signed in to your Executive Club account.
- Choose a retailer you want to shop with and click the ‘Shop Now’ button.
- Remember, you must sign in and click through to the retailer’s site from British Airways Avios eStore every time you shop for us to track your Avios.
Is it more expensive to shop via British Airways Avios eStore?
No, you will not spend any more by using our site – and you’ll get the benefit of earning Avios! It’s the same price as shopping directly with the retailers, so you won’t miss out on any of their special offers. By using our site you can earn Avios on every purchase.
If I am a member of a retailer’s own loyalty program will I still earn Executive Club Avios?
Yes, you will still earn Avios but we would advise that you don’t purchase any items that you have previously saved to your cart – this could affect receiving your Avios. It’s best to start your shopping directly from British Airways Avios eStore.
I signed into my Executive Club Account and made purchases via British Airways Avios eStore, but my orders aren't showing up in my Account - what's going on?
- It takes up to 5 working days for a purchase to display as ‘Pending’.
- It may be that the web browser used at the time of purchase had cookies disabled. Cookies allow us to track your purchase - without them there’s no way for the system to allocate Avios to your Account. Read more about cookies.
- If you’d like some help figuring out what’s happened, please contact us.
My cookies are enabled but my purchases still aren’t showing up in my Account?
British Airways Avios eStore rewards work on a last referral basis. Here are some best practice guidelines to help make sure you receive your Avios:
- Make sure you sign in to your Executive Club account before clicking on the ‘Shop Now’ button.
- Complete your purchase online, all in one session.
- If you decide after check out that you want to purchase something else, close the retailer site window and start the process again, starting from British Airways Avios eStore.
- Don't retrieve previously saved items in your shopping cart; start completely from scratch.
- If you're buying insurance, make sure you start from a completely new quote; don't retrieve a saved one or use a renewal offer if you're already a policyholder.
- Don’t click on another banner or website promoting the retailer, or retailer's own eNewsletter before you complete your transaction. If you must visit another site before completing your purchase, please use a different browser to do so. Interrupting the browser session that started from British Airways Avios eStore can affect tracking.
- Don't use "refer a friend" programs, again this changes the referrer.
- Telephoning or going to the physical store of the retailer to complete or modify your order will likely override the British Airways Avios eStore tracking (and therefore your Avios).
- Increasingly some internet security and ad blocking software programs prevent the special tracking codes we need to track your purchases, please disable your program before using the British Airways Avios eStore.
- Don't use a voucher code that is not provided on the British Airways Avios eStore site.
Why have my Avios been declined?
Avios can be cancelled for a number of reasons. The most common are:
- You have returned the products you purchased to the retailer
- Your payment failed or you didn’t meet the requirements of the retailers credit check
- Your new registration has not been deemed genuine
- Your last click with this retailer didn’t come from British Airways Avios eStore
- Your transaction didn’t meet the retailer’s Terms and Conditions
- If a coupon code is used that is not listed on British Airways Avios eStore, no Avios will be earned
I forgot to sign in to British Airways Avios eStore before shopping with a retailer. Can I still have my Avios?
Sorry, but we’re unable to allocate Avios for any purchases that did not originate from British Airways Avios eStore. The next time you shop, always access the Retailer’s website via British Airways Avios eStore so we can track your visit and allocate Avios.
Are my Avios immediately credited to my Executive Club Account?
- When you buy something from a retailer, the transaction will appear in your British Airways Avios eStore Transaction History as ’Pending’ within 5 working days.
- We'll confirm the transaction with the Retailer before updating the transaction status to 'Approved'. Most purchases will be approved within 40 days with the exception of hotel and travel bookings. Please allow 90 - 120 days after you've completed your stay for your Avios to be awarded. Your purchases are subject to the Retailer's Terms & Conditions.
- Once ‘Approved’ the Avios will be posted to your Executive Club account within 48 hours.
If you need some help claiming missing Avios please contact us.
How do I know how many Avios I'll earn?
British Airways Avios eStore will clearly outline how many Avios you'll earn for purchases with participating retailers. In most cases, this will be expressed as a number of Avios earned per £1 spent at the retailer.
- For example, if the retailer is offering 2 Avios per £1 spent, and your transaction total is £50 (excluding any taxes and shipping) you can expect to receive 100 Avios.
- In another example, you may not earn Avios per £1 spent, but rather a certain number of Avios for a single purchase, or by registering for a service with that retailer. In this instance, you'll receive Avios for that one action, but not for subsequent actions or purchases on that retailer's site.
Will I earn Avios for shipping/handling or tax included in my transaction?
Avios are not earned on shipping, handling or any taxes.
Can I see my British Airways Avios eStore shopping transaction history?
- You can see all your transactions whether they are ‘Pending’, ‘Approved’ or ‘Declined’ within your British Airways Avios eStore Account area.
Why do I earn more Avios with some Retailers than with others?
It’s the Retailers who decide the level of Avios given for shopping with them. Be sure to check out how many Avios the retailer offers before completing your purchase.
Why have I earned more or less Avios with same Retailer?
Avios rates can go up or down, and some retailers may offer bonus Avios offers from time to time. The current earning rate is always displayed on British Airways Avios eStore so remember to look at the current rate to know how many Avios you’ll earn.
There's an online shop I visit frequently, but it's not part of British Airways Avios eStore. How can I get it added?
We're constantly adding and looking for new Retailers, so if you know of a great online service or shop that you'd like to see added to our growing list, please let us know.
What happens if I cancel a purchase I’ve made or want a refund?
You can cancel purchases and get a refund in the usual way that you would do directly with the retailer, subject to the retailer’s terms and conditions. However, you will not earn Avios for any cancelled or refunded orders. If you cancel a purchase after Avios have been posted to your Executive Club account, we reserve the right to deduct such Avios from your account.
I was interested in a Retailer who is no longer listed, can you tell me why?
From time to time Retailers may decide they no longer wish to participate in British Airways Avios eStore and offer Avios to members. When this happens, we thank them for participating and remove them from our listings.
Can I use my Avios to purchase products directly from British Airways Avios eStore?
At this time, Executive Club Avios cannot be used to make purchases through the British Airways Avios eStore. Any Avios earned through British Airways Avios eStore will be posted to your Executive Club account and can be used to book reward flights with British Airways, Iberia and our oneworld and other partner airlines, wherever there's availability. You pay Avios plus a cash amount to cover the taxes, fees and carrier charges.
Why have I not been awarded the Avios from my recent purchase with Match.com / eHarmony?
As with all of the Avios Rewards, the merchant in this case Match.com / eHarmony will advise us of your transaction within 5 working days of your purchase, at this time the Avios will appear as ‘pending’ in your account for up to 40 days.
During the 40 day period Match.com / eHarmony will advise us if your purchase has met their terms & conditions. If your purchase does fit with the terms and conditions Match.com / eHarmoney will advise us to award the Avios. However if your purchase does not meet the terms and conditions, then the Avios points will not be awarded to your account.
If your subscription has been cancelled by Match.com / eHarmony no Avios will be awarded for the transaction.
Which subscriptions could I have earned Avios on?
Avios were awarded on first time, paid subscriptions only. Subscriptions are subject to the terms and conditions of the individual merchants.
Which eHarmony / Match.com term did I not meet?
We are not advised of this detail. To find this out please contact eHarmony / Match.com.
Who can I contact to discuss my award in more detail?
BA Avios eStore do not have any additional information regarding why awards have been made or not made. For any additional information please contact the Match.com / eHarmony directly for information about your subscription.
What do I do if I’ve forgotten my password? You will need your Executive Club Login ID you used when you signed up for the British Airways Executive Club and your password to sign in. If you have forgotten your password, please select "Forgot Password" on the main BA.com Sign In page and follow the instructions to reset your password.
What do I do if I forget my sign-in details that I used to join with? If you need assistance accessing your Executive Club account, you can contact us and we'll be glad to assist you.
How do I update my personal details? You may review and update the personal information you provide by signing in to your Executive Club account and selecting ‘My Account’.
Avios eStore to British Airways Executive Club eStore - Migration
Does the British Airways Executive Club have an eStore with the same retailers?
Yes it does, It’s called the British Airways Avios eStore, you will be able to collect in many of the same ways as you do today,plus there will be some exciting new retailers to collect with.
When I’m migrated to the British Airways Executive Club, what happens to my pending transactions on Avios eStore?
Please feel free to collect as many Avios as you like before and during the move on the Avios eStore, any of your pending transactions will be transferred over to your British Airways Executive Club Account once your account is up and running.
Is Avios eStore closing?
If your account is transferred across to the British Airways Executive Club you’ll still be able to go to the Avios eStore but you won’t be able to login after the move has taken place. If you're a member of another frequent flyer programme that uses the Avios currency, including AerClub, Vueling Club and Flybe, then you'll continue to collect Avios via the Avios eStore as you do today.
How do I raise a missing claim on Avios eStore once my account and balance has been moved across?
Please continue to use https://shopping.avios.com/en/contact-us for any missing Avios queries you have before the move. Once your British Airways Executive Club account is set up and your balance has moved across you can use https://www.shopping.ba.com/contact-us to query any missing Avios, even if they were collected before moving.
Will I able to view my transaction history on Avios eStore after closing? Would the transaction history be migrated to my BA account?
Yes, they will be available on the British Airways Avios eStore page.
What happens if I choose to opt-out of the migration? Can I still use Avios eStore?
If you don’t want a British Airways Executive Club account set up for your Avios, you can choose to opt out before 20 May 2018, however if you do opt out, your account will close in 6 months, and you will not be able to use the Avios eStore. Please visit https://www.avios.com/gb/en_gb/about-us/avios-travel-rewards-programme-is-changing for more information.