What’s a cookie?
A cookie is a small piece of data used by web servers to help identify web users. Cookies can be turned on and off by you at any time in your web browser menu. Cookies allow us to track your purchases with participating retailers and allocate your Avios.
How are cookies used at British Airways Avios eStore?
How can I check my cookies are turned on?
- In Google Chrome, open the browser:
- Click the Chrome menu icon
- Select “Settings”
- Near the bottom of the page, click “Show advanced settings”
- In the “Privacy” section, click “Content settings”
- Select “Allow local data to be set (recommended)”
In Firefox, you open up the browser then:
- Go to "Tools"
- Select "Options"
- Under "Privacy", select "Accept cookies from sites", hit "Ok."
In Safari, you open up the browser then:
- Go to "Edit",
- Select "Preferences",
- Under the "Security" tab in the "Allow Cookies" section, select "Only sites you navigate to", hit "Ok."
In Internet Explorer, you open up the browser then:
- Go to "Tools",
- Select "Options",
- Under "Privacy" move the settings slider to "Medium" or lower, hit "Ok."
*If using any other browser, just check out their Help section.